Is your small business using the digital world to the greatest advantage possible?
The way of the business world today is the use of digital marketing trends.
In fact, companies spend billions on digital marketing each year. By 2020, U.S. companies will spend $113.2 billion towards digital marketing.
But, digital marketing isn’t as easy as it may seem.
Since digital marketing trends are ever-changing, it can be hard to keep up.
A few years ago, promotional emails and online ads were all the hype. While these trends are still used, newer digital trends have emerged.
Does your company have solid content for consumers to read?
Is your company a known user in the social media community?
If not, what better time than now to learn about how to use digital marketing to your advantage?
Let’s take a look at the 4 hottest trends.
1. Quality content still reigns
Content marketing is nothing new.
This digital marketing trend has been around since some of the earliest websites.
The great thing about content marketing is that, flat out, it works.
Content marketing is used by 93% of marketers.
But, content marketing isn’t as simple as it may seem.
So how can you provide the best content to your customers?
Content marketing must-dos
In order for a content marketing campaign to be successful, you must:
- Provide quality content. Clients do not want to read content that is boring, overly-wordy, or unrelated to the topic at hand.
- Embrace the use of digital media. Words can only do the trick for so long. Embed images, infographics, and videos into your content for a change of pace.
- Consider the layout and look of content. Blocks of text are never ideal. Blogs without headings and subheadings can be confusing. Even using the wrong font can turn a user away. Pay attention to how your content looks!
- Provide value. Successful content marketing has to involve meaningful content. Content needs to have a purpose other than simply existing. Content should provide expertise. It should answer a question or solve a problem. It should be engaging and entertaining.
2. Snap, Tweet, Instagram, and Post
Social media is the way of the world.
Social media statistics show:
- 79% of internet users (68% of all U.S. adults) use Facebook.
- 32% of internet users (28% of all U.S. adults) use Instagram.
With access to millions of users, social media is the perfect place to plant the seed.
Using several social media platforms opens a new line of communication.
Easy and fast communication is what customers want!
Social media is also the perfect environment for engaging with customers.
Achieving success in social media
Get the best from social media by:
- Interacting with clients by asking questions
- Sharing info that clients care about
- Using relevant images
- Knowing what platforms your clients use
- Posting updates on a routine basis
3. Tailor and personalize
There is no one marketing method that will reach everyone.
Sometimes reaching the largest audience possible isn’t the best method.
Do you know what also isn’t the best use of your money and time?
Using the same marketing method for every single client.
Every client is unique, with specific needs and preferences.
Implementing a tailor experience means truly understanding every client.
Achieving the preferred method of personalization requires time. Time to learn and time to test.
How do your clients use your website?
What attracts the most clicks?
Who spends the most time and where?
These are all questions to a solid answer before implementing this strategy.
Stick to the basics
As with any digital marketing trend, the basics still apply. You must provide a personalized experience while also providing:
- An engaging website
- Quality content
- An open a line of communication
- Calls to action
When done properly, personalization is effective.
48 percent of senior marketers agree that personalization means better response rates, growing sales, and a better brand profile.
This trend may be the trickiest but it’s one to consider adding to the marketing arsenal.
4. The mobile world matters
It’s all but a fact that your clients use a mobile device to browse your website.
Is your website optimized for mobile use?
Do your images load properly?
Does the text align?
What about white space?
The availability of mobile devices and Internet access is growing so it’s important that your company grows as well.
Take your company’s website a step further by ensuring that it provides a quality user experience, even on small screens.
Optimizing a website for mobile use
Mobile first design is the latest craze in the website development world.
What does this mean for you?
It means optimizing your website for mobile use is a must do!
It also means that any future redesigns of your website should be done using a responsive design approach.
As for your current website, there is hope! Starting the optimization process should include:
- Be aware of extra spaces and breaks and remove them where possible.
- Use word-wrap attributes.
- Set all image widths to 100% for proper resizing on smaller screens.
- Use compression tools to compress files to concatenate code for better performance.
- Avoid using pop-ups, Flash and other elements that do not work well on small screens.
Simple changes can go a long way to providing clients with a quality mobile experience.
Mobile device marketing is the way of the future, so don’t wait to make necessary changes!
Don’t go overboard with digital marketing trends
When it comes to marketing, less is more. It’s crucial to only use strategies that will work for your company.
Otherwise, you’ll find a lot of money and time gone to waste. And no one likes to waste money.
Skip the mundane options. Forget about the “ok” and “good” strategies.
You want proven techniques, right?
We want to help grow your business!
Today’s digital advertising is all about creating and nurturing your company’s digital footprint.
But, picking an effective campaign using digital marketing trends can be confusing.
And let’s face it, most business owners don’t have the time to figure it out on their own.
This is where we come into play.
We have the expertise your company needs!
You can rely on Digital Savvy to create a quality marketing campaign using digital marketing trends. You can expect measurable results!
What are you waiting for?
Contact us today to get started towards a path of increased success!