Yesterday at the exCEPtional morning breakfast, the Ocala/Marion County Chamber and Economic Partnership (CEP) announced their 2016 Awards of Excellence winners. We are thrilled to have won Start Up of the year.
The Start-Up Award recognizes a startup company, in business for less than three years which has developed into an outstanding, thriving business. The company should demonstrate enthusiastic vision, a clear commitment to doing business in Marion County, innovative product(s) and/or service(s), increased jobs, increased sales, ability to overcome adversity and positive impact on the community.
The award criteria were as follows:
- Growth in number of employees – impact of the business on the job market
- Increase in sales and/or unit volume – an indication of growth
- Innovation of product or service offered
- Response to adversity – examples of problems faced and the solutions taken to resolve them
- Evidence of contributions by nominee to aid community-oriented projects – through the use of personal time and/or other resources
Thank you to the CEP and the event sponsor HDG, the Hotel Development & Management Group for this honor.